Writers Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winner!

3 posters

Go down

Winner! Empty Winner!

Post by 017350 Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:05 pm

A/N: I don't like this particular drabble of mine, but it was a writing assignment, and forced writing is always worse.

Adam took the last quarter out of his pocket and took a good look at it.
This is all I have left. he thought sullenly. If this doesn't pay off, I'm bankrupt.
Things hadn't been going well for Adam the last few months. He had just been through a divorce. His two kids, Haley and Robert, had gone with his wife. His house had caught fire, and he hadn't owned insurance. Not too long after that, he had gotten a much smaller apartment. The company he worked for downsized, and he was left without a job to pay off his apartment. He had been trying to find a job ever since, but to no avail.
He had pretty much the last of his money buying the lottery ticket in front of him. The sad thing was, it had only costed five bucks. Now, all he had was this quarter.
The ticket was called "$50 Million Cash Spectacular". It advertised, "Match any of Your Numbers to any of the Winning Numbers, to win the prize shown!"
Adam took his quarter, and began scratching the winning numbers. 5-0-0-0-0-0. Sweet. He had a chance. His took his quarter and bagan scratching his numbers. 5-0-0- Awesome! thought Adam. I've won at least five-hundred bucks! He continued scratching. 0-0-0.
Adam gasped and compared the winning number and his number. Both read: "500000".
He had just won Five Hundred Grand.
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 659
Winner! Left_bar_bleue88 / 10088 / 100Winner! Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 112
Registration date : 2008-03-07

https://writersclubforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Winner! Empty Re: Winner!

Post by BPahl88 Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:20 am

The beginning was sad, but the ending was hilarious! Blah blah blah... blah... He had just won Five Hindred Grand. You didn't use an "!" which made it even funnier. I made it sound in my head as if it wasn't very important, which made it even funnier. XD Loved it. Smile
BPahl88
BPahl88
Dang, this user has a lot of posts....
Dang, this user has a lot of posts....

Male
Number of posts : 3342
Winner! Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Winner! Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 2196
Registration date : 2008-05-19

https://writersclubforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 2bAgen. Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:57 pm

*nods* Forced writing is always worse. (Apart from that island thingy I had to do...). Forced anything is always bad.

Agreed with BP (I'm such an imaginative critic... not).
2bAgen.
2bAgen.
Prodigy Writer

Female
Number of posts : 2877
Winner! Left_bar_bleue12 / 10012 / 100Winner! Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 1423
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content