Writers Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please.

3 posters

Go down

Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Empty Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please.

Post by Aura Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm working on a fantasy story Can anyone help me please, as I am struggling with dialogue at the moment?

Robert Jones is a captain sent to work for the resistance in S.O.E in Marseilles, France. He is the commanding officer of the group and one of them is called Samantha who is a courier. The group have many adventures and then escape on a plane they hope is heading back to the UK, but crash land on an island where they are taken prisoner by women called the Kang, and Robert and Sam are kept prisoner together. Robert is force fed a drug in the hope he will attack Sam to kill her, but instead ends up making out (if you get what I mean) and she ends up being rescued by another Amazonian group where she realises she is carrying his child. The Kangs tell him she has been killed while trying to escape, to cover up the fact they messed up and she got away.

What I would like to know is how would he react to the news that she was still alive and pregnant?

I know it would probably be a scandal, seeing as it was WW2. I hope you didn't mind me asking this question (appologies for any offence). My story is going to be a cross between Xena, Lord of the Rings and Battle of Britain thrown in. I am basing my male character on George Chakiris facial appearence (if you don't know who he was he was in the 1964 movie 663 squadrone) My female character is based on female actress Judi Trott.

Any advice (within reason) would be most appreciated. Many thanks
Aura
Aura
Learning Writer

Number of posts : 14
Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 18
Registration date : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Empty Re: Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please.

Post by Hazel Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:01 am

Well I'd say it certainly sounds interesting. Well in my personal opinion I find it an extremely sad situation when a father reacts terribly to hearing he has a baby coming, but on the other hand I see how you would like to keep it realistic as well. What I would do, is either have him be all shocked and upset at first but then come to realize he's happy about it, or I suppose he could be happy about it from the start completely forgetting about the whole scandal of it, I guess he could even just never come around to the idea but that just seems a little glum. I think that the most realistic option would be that he is of course overjoyed to see her alive, shocked and maybe a little scared to realize she's pregnant, but then eventually except it.

There's no offense to asking questions! lol. I hope that I was in some way at least a slightest bit of help Razz Good Luck!
Hazel
Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 11563
Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Left_bar_bleue63 / 10063 / 100Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 10202
Registration date : 2008-04-10

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/619558

Back to top Go down

Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Empty Re: Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please.

Post by Aura Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Thanks for your input, I am going to put that he searches for her and finds he has a son, dont sound too silly does it?.

Can I also put a synopsis of the story on here?
Aura
Aura
Learning Writer

Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:55 pm

No, I don't think that sounds silly at all. I've read things where similar things have happened.

Yeah there's a thread where you can put your story or part of it so you can get feedback Razz
Hazel
Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 11563
Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Left_bar_bleue63 / 10063 / 100Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 10202
Registration date : 2008-04-10

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/619558

Back to top Go down

Post by Aura Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:12 am

Where is that? sorry to sound dumb.
Aura
Aura
Learning Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by BPahl88 Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:21 am

It's.. kinda called 'Feedback'. Not hard to miss. XD But no, this is the place to put it. You got it right. Smile
BPahl88
BPahl88
Dang, this user has a lot of posts....
Dang, this user has a lot of posts....

Male
Number of posts : 3342
Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Dialogue help with romantic fantasy war story needed please. Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 2196
Registration date : 2008-05-19

https://writersclubforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down