Writers Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Islamic Worship Center

5 posters

Go down

Islamic Worship Center Empty Islamic Worship Center

Post by harrygz Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Why are so many people mad about the islamic worship center going up near ground zero. The group the bombed twin towers were members of radical islam, which is in no way connected to the regular Islamic community. I honestly don't see whats wrong with building a worship center near ground zero. It's just the same as building a church near ground zero. So the people who protest this are also protesting freedom of religion. What are your thoughts?
harrygz
harrygz
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 209
Islamic Worship Center Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Islamic Worship Center Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 103
Registration date : 2008-03-08

http://writersclubblog.manblog.org/

Back to top Go down

Islamic Worship Center Empty Re: Islamic Worship Center

Post by bibbit Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:01 pm

BTU UR SPPORTING THE PPL WHO BOMED TEH WTC TAHTS UNAMERCAN!!!!1

People get offended too easily. The Muslims who will meet at Park51 are not the Muslims who attacked the World Trade Center.
bibbit
Prodigy Writer

Male
Number of posts : 1045
Islamic Worship Center Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Islamic Worship Center Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 1055
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:17 pm

I'ma quote my friend's mom.
"Building a mosque next to Ground Zero is like building a memorial to Hitler next to a concentration camp!"
xStarr_x3
xStarr_x3
Elite, Supreme, Whiz, Prodigy, Super-Duper World-Class Writer

Female
Number of posts : 7005
Islamic Worship Center Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100Islamic Worship Center Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 5901
Registration date : 2008-05-22

http://www.freewebs.com/awhisperinthedark

Back to top Go down

Post by Holleh Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:28 pm

I think it'd be like a slap to the face.
Yes, those are not the Muslims who attacked the WTC, and I have no problem with their religion. But, honestly? Lives were lost on 9/11, people lost family, and to have them make an Islamic Worship Center near ground zero... It's just a really touchy subject for many people, and I think if they want to build one, then they have the right to do, but I personally think it shouldn't be so close to where that disastrous event happened that day.
Like I said, these people may not have been involved with 9/11, and they are by no means bad people and their religion is perfectly fine, but I think they should consider the thoughts of those people who lost someone to the attack. I mean, especially the people living in that area. I just think, if it could be placed somewhere else, it should.

On the other hand, yes, there is freedom of religion. They have every right to practice their religion, but it's just the location that's iffy. If they want an Islamic religion center, that's fine, but maybe somewhere farther from the WTC? I dunno... We read current event articles in magazines and stuff in Civics today, and one of the articles was about this very subject. Everyone except for one person thought that the religion center should not be so close to the WTC. One girl responded about how she has no problem with their religion or anything, but because of the location and such... Basically what I said.

Anyway, that's just my opinion and all. I hope no one gets offended by what I said or anything... This is a touchy subject to most people. xP

Last edited by Holleh on Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Holleh
Holleh
Dang, this user has a lot of posts....

Female
Number of posts : 4510
Islamic Worship Center Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Islamic Worship Center Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 4583
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:41 pm

I agree completely. That just summed up opinion. So much I really don't have anything to add.

I don't think it's protesting the freedom of religion at all. It's practically just common courtesy to build it elsewhere.
Hazel
Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 11563
Islamic Worship Center Left_bar_bleue63 / 10063 / 100Islamic Worship Center Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 10202
Registration date : 2008-04-10

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/619558

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:26 am

Meh.
This reminds me of a story I read somewhere. It was Muslims who attacked us, right?
The story was from a woman of the religion that attacked us.
She lost someone in the Towers too.
So we can't just assume that they cannot possibly have lost someone in that place, because of their own people.

But I have to agree with you.
But also, people over where I am are getting mad aswell.
They want to build a mosque here. I'm not sure what the big deal is, but I guess it's just that the WTC thing is still going on and they're feeding off of that.
xStarr_x3
xStarr_x3
Elite, Supreme, Whiz, Prodigy, Super-Duper World-Class Writer

Female
Number of posts : 7005
Islamic Worship Center Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100Islamic Worship Center Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 5901
Registration date : 2008-05-22

http://www.freewebs.com/awhisperinthedark

Back to top Go down

Post by Holleh Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:02 am

Oh, I know they lost people, too.
I think it's like a really touchy issue for a lot of people, American or not.
Huh, I guess it can be touchy no matter where it's placed. But, I mean, it did just happen nine years ago. And with the war, and all that other stuff, and some people do have a resentment towards Islamics, extremists or not.
I dunno... My thoughts are a little scrambled right now, sorry, I'm kind of sick. xP
Holleh
Holleh

Female
Number of posts : 4510

Points 2.0 : 4583
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bibbit Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:02 pm

Holleh wrote:some people do have a resentment towards Islamics, extremists or not.
That's true, and it seems a little irrational to me.
Especially considering the stuff like the protests in Tennessee and other states. People are basically saying, "You can build it, just not near ground zero. or anywhere else." That's what ticks me off the most.

The location for the planned building site has already been used as an Islamic worship center since 9/11, yet no one said anything before now. They're not even really building a mosque; they're building a community center around a mosque that was already there. In fact, most of the building will be used as a community center, and can be rented out to anyone.

I'd say that if it's convenient to move it to a less controversial location, then by all means go for it. But they seem to have roots there already; it's kind of too late. People just need to deal with it. It's a building.
bibbit
Prodigy Writer

Male
Number of posts : 1045

Points 2.0 : 1055
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by harrygz Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:53 pm

xStarr_x3 wrote:I'ma quote my friend's mom.
"Building a mosque next to Ground Zero is like building a memorial to Hitler next to a concentration camp!"

I disagree. It's more like building a memorial to a german next to a concentration camp. People have to understand that radical islam is almost like a completley different religion from average islam In order for Starr's friend's mom's quote to work they would have to be building a radical islamic metting place near ground zero. People are protesting a center that doesn't even exist. They might have cause (well not really since there is freedom of religion) to protest a center for radical islam, but there isn't one.
harrygz
harrygz
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 209
Islamic Worship Center Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Islamic Worship Center Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 103
Registration date : 2008-03-08

http://writersclubblog.manblog.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum