Writers Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest

5 posters

Go down

I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Empty I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest

Post by Hazel Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:14 am

Just for fun. Maybe not even elect winners or losers, just do it as a writing exercise. I don't know. I just got a good idea for a writing prompt off a website and thought it would be fun to try, but even more fun to try with other people. But it seems like no one is really interested in doing these things. But I'm posting anyways, just in case. If people are interested I'll share the topic....unless someone has a better one. And if no one is interested I guess I'm on my own D: Which would be sad, so be interested (:
Hazel
Hazel

Female
Number of posts : 11563
I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Left_bar_bleue63 / 10063 / 100I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 10202
Registration date : 2008-04-10

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/619558

Back to top Go down

I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Empty Re: I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest

Post by bibbit Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:00 pm

I think it's a great idea. You guys should definitely do this.
bibbit
Prodigy Writer

Male
Number of posts : 1045
I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 1055
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Empty Re: I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest

Post by xStarr_x3 Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:43 pm

"You guys should"
So, not including you, then?

I'M IN HAZEL.
Depending on the prompt.
xStarr_x3
xStarr_x3
Elite, Supreme, Whiz, Prodigy, Super-Duper World-Class Writer

Female
Number of posts : 7005
I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 5901
Registration date : 2008-05-22

http://www.freewebs.com/awhisperinthedark

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:27 am

YES! I'm so excited. Well I'm thinking the prompt should be in debate. We can all suggest a few and the most popular will be it. Smile

Mine was, you wake up in jail with no memory of how you got there and must piece together your night using the items in your pocket XD

Buuut if it's no good, suggest more! Writing prompts=YAY Razz
Or I can go get some more. I'll think up some more or go find more, or both, I just think it would be fun to write something out of the blue....take a break from my novel Razz
Hazel
Hazel

Female
I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Left_bar_bleue63 / 10063 / 100I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:11 pm

......you can tell me the idea sucks, I won't be offended. This silence makes me uneasy.....XD
Hazel
Hazel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:44 am

Oh, sorry. xD
No. I just wouldn't have any ideas for writing about it. xD
I've been giving myself challenges and I have swaps to finish on Inkpop before I can start anything else.
xStarr_x3
xStarr_x3

Female
I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:47 am

Hehe I'm on Inkpop too Razz .....I added you XD
Ok well, post here when you are ready to do something. I'm always ready Razz
Hazel
Hazel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:07 pm

Haha, I see that you did!
It might take awhile. I'm doing two 30-ish day things. e.e'
xStarr_x3
xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:28 pm

XD
Ah that's ok. I'm doing 750words. Which is a type of month thing. You've probably heard of it. I just signed up so technically I already failed this month but I'm signed up for next month too. No wall of shame for me!
Just whenever is ok, I just thought it might just be fun to have something like this open. I sometimes get bored of only working on my novels, and want a little break but still want to write haha.
Hazel
Hazel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Holleh Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:48 pm

I'M ADDING YOU ON INKPOP, HAZEL.
Holleh
Holleh
Dang, this user has a lot of posts....

Female
Number of posts : 4510
I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 4583
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:05 am

YAY I'M SO EXCITED! WOOO FRIENDS!!!!

......now I'll be forced to inkpop stalk you guys and read all your stories Razz
Hazel
Hazel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:01 am

Ahahaha. I have no stories up yet.
So if I swap I do it for Holleh's stuff. xP
You should put uhm.. oh my god I forgot the title.
YOUR BOOK up there. Very Happy
xStarr_x3
xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:07 am

I have no stories up yet either so I've never done a swap Razz
I know I should. The problem with Vigilante and Shades of Grey, my two currents, is that they aren't teen fiction, they're about adults.
I have a two stories that I think you might have watched the trailers for. A Land Called Mystery, and the Experiments, that I want to put up but they aren't enough words yet XD
But when they are, I will post them!
Hazel
Hazel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:41 am

It doesn't matter if something is 'teen fiction' or not. xD
There are sex stories up there, rapes, suicides.
Trust me, your stories would fit in. xD
xStarr_x3
xStarr_x3

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by BPahl88 Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:52 am

Wow... I didn't even realize this was up here. *Facepalm*

In any case, I'm in. Smile
BPahl88
BPahl88

Male
Number of posts : 3342
I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100I know they seem to be unpopular but we should have another contest Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 2196
Registration date : 2008-05-19

https://writersclubforum.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:03 am

Really? In the FAQ it says it has to be teen fiction. I FEEL LIED TO! Hmm I suppose it doesn't have to be about teens, to be for teens. I always envisioned my audience to be teens. I'm scared to upload my work to such a big audience. O.o They might hate me D:

EXTRA YAY!!! WE CAN TOTALLY DO THIS!
Well is the prompt good at least? Or should there be a different one?
Hazel
Hazel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Holleh Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:13 am

Aw, don't be scared to upload it. ^^
Trust me, I was scared to death to put TIR on there. But you know what? I like TIR - it's my writing baby - and the people who comment (more often than not) are trying to be helpful, not diss you or anything. (: All in all, while you should keep others' comments in mind, all that matters in the end is if YOU'RE satisfied with your work.
They probably won't hate you anyway. :3
And yeah, I generally think of teen fiction as a wide variety of books, but not with all the big words and small fonts in the adult books. xP Plus I think Inkpop is more teen literature to young adult literature, so.
Holleh
Holleh

Female
Number of posts : 4510

Points 2.0 : 4583
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:16 am

Ok well maybe within this month I'll pop out some 10,000 to a Land Called Mystery or maybe The Experiments, I haven't decided which I'm saving for NaNo. Or if I'm even going to save it. Anyways, I'll pick one of those because I know for sure their both teen fiction. I just need more words so I can post them XD And I will try not to be scare O.o
Though I have noticed everyone on Inkpop tries to be helpful. That at least is a relief.
Hazel
Hazel

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down