Writers Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Destruction of Mathematics

+2
HS7
Holleh
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Empty Re: The Destruction of Mathematics

Post by harrygz Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:30 pm

Good act! Can't wait for the next one. So glad you put act 4 out so soon, I was expecting like another week.
harrygz
harrygz
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 209
The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 103
Registration date : 2008-03-08

http://writersclubblog.manblog.org/

Back to top Go down

The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Empty Re: The Destruction of Mathematics

Post by Holleh Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Act V

The Algebra Lands:
Division District

Our group of heroes is still preparing for the upcoming battle ahead. Four and Zero are devising a plan at Zero’s Evil Headquarters, hidden in the depths of Fraction Forest.

Zero: (typing on computer) So tell me, Four, what do those knuckleheads have planned for me?

Four: (looking through maps and blue prints) Last I heard, they were getting a Divisor-Inator or something.

Zero: A Divisor-Inator!? Are you sure?

Four: Pretty sure. Why, is that-- Oh, it can kill you, right?

Zero: No, Four, it’s going to turn me into a unicorn-- YES, IT CAN KILL ME.

Four: That sucks.

Zero: Four, you’re my partner now. Don’t you think you should care about my fate?

Four: (sighs) Of course I care, Zero. But, what can I possibly do? If it kills you, well, there’s not really anything that can change that, now is there?

Zero: I expected better of you, Four. Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe, just maybe, we should steal the Divisor-Inator from them?

Four: Of course it has, Zero. But look at our odds. There’s two of us and eight of them.

Zero: You underestimate our strength, Four. Not only that, but did I ever say there was only the two of us? I am no idiot. I have allies. They’ll fetch the Divisor-Inator for us. I already sent them on their mission.

Four: So why are we sitting here, talking about it?

Zero: I had originally sent them to distract the others, but once you told me about their weapon, I sent them a message, telling them to acquire it. Honestly, Four, stop being so slow. It’s the twenty-first century, for Calculator’s sake.

Four: I don’t believe in Calculator.

Zero: Whatever. Not my point. Is something wrong with you today? You seem a bit off.

Four: No. I mean. Well. I’ve just been thinking about a lot of things lately, Zero. I’ll be fine; don’t worry.

Zero: Let’s get one thing straight here, okay? I’m not your friend. I don’t really care what is troubling you. We’re allies. Partners. We help each other with this mission, we split the profits. Either you’re gonna put in your share of work, or you’re out of here. Understand?

Four: Don’t belittle me, Zero. I am no fool. It seems you have forgotten that. I do not seek a friendship; not with you nor anyone else. I am in this completely for my own benefit. Do you understand?

Zero: I understand everything, Four. And don’t act so high and mighty; you’re in no position to call the shots right now. In fact, you’re being of no use at the moment.

Four: (rolls eyes) Well what should I do about that?

Zero: I would tell you to distract the hero squad, but since my minions are already on that… Oh, yes. I have some weapons I need you to pick up for me. They’re at this address. (hands Four a piece of paper with writing scribbled on it)

Four: (unfolds paper; reads) I’ve never heard of this place.

Zero: It’s a secret weapon storage unit. They hold extremely illegal weapons there. That’s why it is very important no one sees that paper, understand? There are directions on it, as you can see. Don’t screw this up.

Four: Thank you for the encouragement. I guess I’ll be on my way, then.

Four begins journey to weapon storage unit.

At our heroes’ headquarters:

Seven: Now that we are well rested and full of energy, it is time to set out to find Zero, and end this chaos once and for all.

Nine: There has to be some other way, Seven. Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Seven: I understand that, Nine, but it must be done. We must treat Zero as we would treat any other criminal.

Nine: But he’s not a criminal!

Six: (puts hand on Nine’s shoulder) Nine, please. You know what we have to do.

Nine: But it’s not fair!

Seven: Maybe not, but it is what must be done. I am sorry, Nine.

Three: Cheer up, Nine. This will all be over soon enough.

Two: Besides, Z--

A group of four numbers dressed in black cloaks appeared.

Seventy-Five: Hand us the Divisor-Inator. (extends mutated hand)

Seven: I beg your pardon? Who are you?

Eighty-Three: That’s not important. Hand us the weapon. Now.

Seven: I don’t think so.

Ninety-Two: We ain’t playin’! (grabs Eight and holds gun up to Eight’s head) Give us the Divisor-Inator or his head will be blown off!

Seven: Let Eight go!

Thirty-Nine: Give us the weapon.

Eight: Don’t worry about me, Seven. Save Mathematics.

Five: Don’t be so stupid, Eight!

Everyone goes silent and looks at Five, stunned.

Two: Well, I’ll be…

One: He… He can talk?

Six: Way to go, Five!

Ninety-Two: What’chu gonna do about it, pipsqueak?

Eight: (eyes wide, tears surfacing) Five… Don’t.

Five: No, Eight! We won’t lose you. (turns to Seven) Give it to them. It’s not worth it.

Seven: (looks at Five, then Eight, then Ninety-Two) I suppose you’re right.

Two: (nudges One) Follow my lead?

One: You know it.

Seven begins to hand over the Divisor-Inator when Two and One collide with Ninety-Two, and the rest of the gang attacks the other minions. Eight is freed from Ninety-Two’s grasp and a bang is heard.

Three: Are you okay!?

At the weapon storage unit:

Four: (walking up to door; holds up paper and reads sign) This must be the place. (opens door) Err, hello?

Twenty-Six: Hey. What do you want?

Four: I was told by Zero to come here. (hands piece of paper) He needs some weapons picked up.

Twenty-Six: (reads paper) Ah, working for Zero, are you?

Four: I’m more like his partner.

Twenty-Six: Of course you are.

Four: (glares) I’m kind of in a hurry, so could you just bring me those weapons now?

Twenty-Six: Sure, sure. One moment. (goes into back room and comes back with boxes of weapons) Tell Zero I said hi.

Four: Okay, whatever. (goes to pick up boxes; pauses) Wait a minute. You look familiar.

Twenty-Six: Really? (glances at floor nervously) I’ve never seen you before, sorry. Have a nice day. (turns to go to back room)

Four: (grabs Twenty-Six’s arm) I remember.

I was struck with inspiration... finally. xD I like this act, personally; I think it's pretty dramatic and I left you all with two awesome cliff-hangers. This is about 4k words so far; still need 6k if I wanna post it on Inkpop. xP Which is now my goal. 8D Sorry it took forever to update; I've been busy and have had writer's block and stuff. xP ENJOY.

Last edited by Holleh on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:54 am; edited 3 times in total
Holleh
Holleh
Dang, this user has a lot of posts....

Female
Number of posts : 4510
The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 4583
Registration date : 2009-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:53 pm

Ohmygosh.
You need more math puns. xD They amuse me to no end when they're thrown in there.
xStarr_x3
xStarr_x3
Elite, Supreme, Whiz, Prodigy, Super-Duper World-Class Writer

Female
Number of posts : 7005
The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 5901
Registration date : 2008-05-22

http://www.freewebs.com/awhisperinthedark

Back to top Go down

Post by bibbit Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:46 am

Holleh wrote:A group of four letters dressed in black cloaks appeared.
massive fail

That said, I quite enjoyed this. and the "odds" pun was the best.
bibbit
Prodigy Writer

Male
Number of posts : 1045
The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 1055
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Holleh Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:52 am

.......Whoops. xD
Odds pun? ...That wasn't intentional. xDD
Holleh
Holleh

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Holleh Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:58 pm

Act VI

The Algebra Lands:
Division District

Seven is crouched on the ground, blood gushing from his leg. Seventy-Five, Eighty-Three, Ninety-Two, and Thirty-Nine flee back to Zero’s Headquarters.

Six: Oh my Calculator! Seven! (rushes to side)

Seven: I’m… fine… (tries to stand up; falls)

Two: Dude, no you’re not. We need to get you to Hexagon Hospital.

One: (on phone) I’m calling an ambulance now.

Nine: Where do you think they went?

Two: Probably back to Zero, but that doesn’t matter right now.

Eight: You guys should have just let them--

Five: No, we shouldn’t have. Don’t blame yourself, Eight.

Eight: But if you guys hadn’t tried to save me, Seven wouldn’t have gotten hurt.

Two: Then we’re all to blame. The point is, what’s done is done.

Three: (also standing beside Seven) Hang in there, Seven, help is on the way.

Seven: Guys, don’t worry about me. Really, I’m okay… (passes out)

The rest of the crew waits for the ambulance to come.

At the weapon storage unit:

Four: I remember everything. (throws Twenty-Six against wall and holds knife to his throat) I need some answers.

Twenty-Six: I helped kill your mother. What more is there to know? (sneers)

Four: Don’t get cocky with me. (slices Twenty-Six’s arm) What happened to my father? How’d you sick, disgusting, pathetic excuses for numbers kill him?

Twenty-Six: (grimaces in pain) I am afraid that is confidential.

Four: (frowns; stabs Twenty-Six through stomach) Tell me.

Twenty-Six: (smirks) I guess you might as well know now. He’s not dead.

Four: What?

Twenty-Six: Your father. He’s very much alive. You haven’t run into him yet? He works with Zero.

Four: He… works… with… You’re lying!

Twenty-Six: Why would I lie about that? I have no reason to. Your father, Forty, had joined us years ago. He was with us before your mother was killed.

Four: He… helped… kill her?

Twenty-Six: Oh, no. He wasn’t with us that day. He knew about it, though.

Four: And… He didn’t try to stop you?

Twenty-Six: (shrugs) Nope.

Four: But… He wouldn’t… I don’t…

Twenty-Six: Your father’s a murderer, Four. A cold-blooded killer, just like the rest of us. (gazes at blood-soaked arm) Seems like you’ve taken after him.

Four: No! Shut up! I am not a murderer and neither was my father!

Twenty-Six: But I’m losing way too much blood, Four. I will die in a matter of minutes.

Four: It’s not murder if you kill for vengeance.

Twenty-Six: Sure, if you wanna look at it that way. Bottom line is: I’m dying, I know that. Why would I lie to you now? I gain nothing from lying to you. Your father worked with us and killed many numbers. The case of Negative Nineteen? That was your father’s doing. He may not have murdered your mother with his own hands, but he helped plan it and watched as we all went in for the kill.

Four: Well that still doesn’t explain why he’d work with Zero.

Twenty-Six: They both want to control Mathematics, Four. Forty’s pretty good with the weapons and he has amazing stealth, but when it comes to technology, that’s Zero’s forte.

Four: But… Does that mean Zero knew about what my father did?

Twenty-Six: He knows. Always has.

Four: (backs away from Twenty-Six) But… He lied… My whole life… A lie. I… I… I need to stop this. (leaves the weapon storage unit)

At Zero’s Evil Headquarters:

Four: Zero.

Zero: Ah, you’ve returned. Took you long enough. …Where are all my weapons?

Four: (points revolver at Zero) Where is he?

Zero: What are you talking about?

Four: Don’t play stupid, Zero! My father! Where is he?

Zero: (grins) So, you found out about that, eh?

Four: (lightly rests finger on trigger) Where is he?

Zero: He is out taking care of some business for me. He should be back any minute now. Four, let’s be rational here. Don’t do something you’ll regret.

Four: Shut. Up. You knew all along. You don’t call the shots anymore.

A door is opened. A dark figure walks into the room.

Zero: Forty, you’ve--

Four: Father?

Forty: (looks at Four) Well, well… Hello, Four.

Four: So you are working with Zero…

Forty: That’s right. Is there a problem?

Four: You son of a bisector! (points revolver at Forty) You let them kill Mom!

Forty: Yes, I did. They were supposed to kill you, too.

Four: But… Why?

Forty: I was in love with your mother, I really was. But then we had you, and well, you took up all her time and changed her. She wasn’t that murderous number anymore, just a loving mother. It made me sick. I never wanted a quotient. I just wanted to live my life without responsibility, living in risk, killing numbers. I have always loved the taste of blood, the excitement of the chase. So I joined the Vertical Organization. We targeted you and your mother so we could remove every trace of my old life. But no, you had to get away.

Four: (increases pressure on the trigger) You monster! And to think, all these years I’ve cried over you, thinking you were dead. All these years, I’ve missed you. When you were the cause of all my problems.

Forty: (holds up handgun) Put the gun down, Four, or I’ll blow it out of your hands.

Four: Not if I blow your brains out first.

Forty: Very cute. (fires gun)

Four gets shot in the arm, drops the gun, and falls to the floor.

Four: (clenching arm in pain; looks up at Forty who is now looming over him)

Forty: You hesitated. You can’t kill me.

Zero: (stands beside Forty) So what shall we do with him?

Forty: Eh, lock him up. He may come in handy.

Zero: (nods)

Four is put into a cage and is moved into the deepest level of the headquarters, into a dark room.

Four: (watches Forty and Zero go back upstairs) What have I done…

Soo, I hope this act was shocking. (: Originally, I never intended for Four's father to be alive. But one day, I was thinking, and it came to me in a vision. ...Yes, I randomly get visions about my writing that dictate how it turns out. xP But anyway, it showed me that Forty was alive, and the phrase "Son of a bisector!" was also part of my vision. x3 And... Yeah. I thought this would make for a twisty twist and shocking shocker. Hope you enjoyed. :3

Last edited by Holleh on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:40 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Because, nosy reason box, I put 'shoot' instead of 'save' and that would not have made sense. So I corrected it. ALSO I said Zero's father instead of Four's father, so yeah. GEEZ, DO YOU NEED TO KNOW EVERY LITTLE THING ABOUT MY LIFE?)
Holleh
Holleh

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HS7 Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Wait, that's Zero's father? THIS ENTIRE TIME, I THOUGHT IT WAS FOUR'S. D:

Or was that just a mistake you made? x3
HS7

Female
Number of posts : 13937
The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue82 / 10082 / 100The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 11569
Registration date : 2008-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Holleh Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:39 pm

...Oh crap. xD
Hold on.
It's Four's father...
I ALWAYS SCREW UP.
Holleh
Holleh

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xStarr_x3 Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:55 am

...I LIKE ITTTTTTT.
More math puns. x333 Yes.
xStarr_x3
xStarr_x3

Female
Number of posts : 7005
The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100The Destruction of Mathematics - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Points 2.0 : 5901
Registration date : 2008-05-22

http://www.freewebs.com/awhisperinthedark

Back to top Go down

Post by bibbit Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:59 am

teh dramas.
bibbit
Prodigy Writer

Male
Number of posts : 1045

Points 2.0 : 1055
Registration date : 2010-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Holleh Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:10 am

I know. xD
It was originally intended to be a comedy, but... The numbers spoke to me, and this is what they wanted.
Holleh
Holleh

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum